Whereas a lash perm curls the entire lash, creating a soft curl across the whole length of the eye lashes, LVL lifts the lashes directly from the root. This results in a more upright curl and thus a more dramatic effect. Different levels of curl are available depending on the look you are seeking to create as well as the natural length and thickness of your lashes, and I am happy to recommend what is best suited to you.
Pre-treatment care and aftercare is very important with lash treatments and I will always give written guidance on this. For reference though, please see below.
Pre treatment advice:
24 hours prior to treatment
- Do not wear water-proof mascara (and preferably no mascara at all)
- Do not use oil based eye makeup remover
- If you have had a spray tan, ensure the guide colour is washed off
On the day of treatment
- Do not wear mascara (eye makeup removal will incur an additional charge)
- Do not have a spray tan
- Avoid applying oily products on your lashes or around your eyes
- Contact lenses must be removed prior to the treatment – for this reason I recommend glasses are worn
- For the first 24 hours after your treatment it’s important not to allow water to come in to contact with your lashes
- For 48 hours do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water. Be careful when opening the oven/dishwasher too!
- Do not use waterproof mascara
- Use oil free makeup remover if mascara is worn
- Only use a water-based mascara (this can be purchased from the studio)
- Don’t rub your eyes when washing your face and always pat the lashes dry gently after cleansing
- Ensure lashes are not manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics)
- Use a lash conditioning serum to keep lashes in the best possible condition (this can be purchased from the studio)