The Extend latex-free lash adhesive has been formulated and tested to prevent damage to your lashes. But never try to take Extend lash extensions off on your own. Either return to the studio or purchase the at-home lash extension remover.
Following your Extend Lash Extensions treatment, I recommend professional top-up treatments every 2-3 weeks. By doing that your lash extensions could actually last up to two months. Why every few weeks? Because your natural lashes have a lifecycle of around 90 days, and are constantly shedding, which will cause your lash extensions to naturally fall off also. The maintenance procedure simply adds extra individual extensions to those places where your natural lashes have completed their lifecycle – keeping your stunning new look in tip-top condition. Extend is a cruelty free and vegan treatment.
Pre-treatment care and aftercare is very important with lash treatments and I will always give written guidance on this. For reference though, please see below.
Pre treatment advice:
24 hours prior to treatment
- Do not wear water-proof mascara (and preferably no mascara at all)
- Do not use oil based eye makeup remover
- If you have had a spray tan, ensure the guide colour is washed off
On the day of treatment
- Do not wear mascara (eye makeup removal will incur an additional charge)
- Do not have a spray tan
- Avoid applying oily products on your lashes or around your eyes
- Contact lenses must be removed prior to the treatment – for this reason I recommend glasses are worn
- For the first 48 hours after any Extend treatment it’s important not to allow water to come in to contact with your lashes
- For 48 hours afterwards do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water. Be careful when opening the oven/dishwasher too!
- Do not use waterproof mascara
- Use oil free makeup remover if mascara is worn
- Only use a water-based mascara (this can be purchased from the studio
- Do not attempt to perm or use lash curlers on Nouveau Lashes extensions
- Don’t rub your eyes when washing your face – always pat the lashes dry gently after cleansing
- Ensure lashes are not manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics)
- Use a lash conditioning serum to keep lashes in the best possible condition (this can be purchased from the studio)